Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default My code is still not working -- Excel 2000 Worksheet protection

If you want to allow all those capabilities when the sheet is protected,
those things are not allowed in xl2000 - doesn't that affect the
functionality of your application?

What do you actually need to allow?

the structure of your second protection command is correct. So what
problem are you having - is it raising an error?

Tom Ogilvy

"Bill Case" wrote:

Hi;

I just about have a project for a shared workbook with a friend. I use
Excel 2002; he uses Excel 2000. I have got everything to mix and match
except for work sheet protection.

My code follows:

Public ThisExcelVersion As Variant

Sub ExecProtect()
'
' ExecProtect Macro
'
If ThisExcelVersion = 10 Then
MembList.Protect _
Password:="bill", _
DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=True, _
UserInterfaceOnly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFormattingColumns:=False, _
AllowFormattingRows:=True, _
AllowInsertingColumns:=True, _
AllowInsertingRows:=True, _
AllowInsertingHyperlinks:=True, _
AllowDeletingColumns:=True, _
AllowDeletingRows:=True, _
AllowSorting:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True, _
AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
Else
MembList.Protect _
Password:="bill", _
DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=True, _
UserInterfaceOnly:=True

In particular, I can not find any reassurance in my manuals, online, or
googleing that for the version 9 (i.e < version 10) that 'Password' is used
correctly. Any help welcomed. This little piece of code is breaking me and
a personal project that I am generally proud of and ready to share.

Regards Bill