Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default charts fucntion help needed

Hi,

You probably need to fully qualify the Cells object, especially if
Charts.add is creating a new chart sheet which does not have cells.

Cheers
Andy

srinivas wrote:
Hi all,

I am Using MS office 2003. I want to create chart using VBA. I have
written the folowing function.

Public Function AddChartSheet(ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal z
As Long)
Sheet1.Activate
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheet1.Range(Cells(z + 1, 2),
Cells(x - 1, y - 1)), PlotBy:= _
xlColumns
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet
End Function

and calling this function in my main program. But I am geeting and
error "Method of cells of object _Global Failed".

Can any one suggest.

Regards,
Srinivas

--