Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joergen Bondesen Joergen Bondesen is offline

Default Weekday Function Returns Wrong Number

Hi Thomas

Sub CheckDay()
MsgBox Weekday(Now, vbMonday)
End Sub

Syntax

Weekday(date, [firstdayofweek])
--
Best Regards
Joergen Bondesen

"Thomas M." wrote in message
Excel 2003

I created the following very simple subroutine as a test.

Sub CheckDay()
MsgBox Weekday(Today)
End Sub

The message box displays the number 7. Unfortunately, today is Monday and
the message box should display the number 2. I've verified that my system
time and date are correct. It seems to me that I've run into this before
and that the fix is easy, but I'm just drawing a complete blank and
searches of the on-line help have been fruitless. Can anyone tell me how
to make this simple subroutine return the correct number for the day of
the week?

--Tom