Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default A better way to do this?

if cella is nothing, then the first condition will raise an error. So no,
that isn't all that is needed to tie it down.

Tom Ogilvy

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

I'm thinking that this might be all your need to tie it down"

If Cella.Cells.Count < 1 Or Cella Is Nothing Then
MsgBox("You must select a single cell in the range H5:I11")
Exit Sub
End If

"michael.beckinsale" wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a more efficient / better way of doing this?

The code below is used in a user form where the user selects a single
cell using the RefEdit control. It ensures the user only selects a
single cell, within a specified range, and a selection is actually
made. The form is not to be unloaded until the correct conditions
exist.

All help gratefully received.

Private Sub cmdEnter_Click()
Dim Cella As Range
If rngCell.Value = "" Then
MsgBox ("You must select a single cell in the range H5:I11")
Exit Sub
Else
Set Cella = Range(rngCell.Value)
End If
If Cella.Cells.Count 1 Or Cella Is Nothing Then
MsgBox ("You must select a single cell in the range H5:I11")
Exit Sub
End If
If Intersect(Cella, ActiveSheet.Range("H5:I11")) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox ("You must select a single cell in the range H5:I11")
Exit Sub
Else
Cella.Select
Unload frmCell