Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default parse cell contents

On 18 Sep 2006 10:27:40 -0700, wrote:

I am trying to parse the contents of a specific cell to make sure that
the cell contains only a date, or the text "F1", or "f1", or both, a
date -and- "F1" or "f1".
The "F1" language can sometimes be: F1,F2,F3

I'm sorry I don't have any code to post, I haven't gotten anything to
work yet.

Thanks in advance,
RC

What is the precise format of the date?

Is it always a text string? Or might it also be an "Excel" date.

If the cell contains both a date and the text 'F1...' does the cell contain a
formula to produce that, or merely the string "some date string F1"

--ron