Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] steveblack2006@gmail.com is offline

Default Save a copy of particular sheet minus VBA, CommandButton of parent workbook

Hi

Ok here is what I am trying to do.

I have a workbook (with two sheets, one being the data sheet) that
essentially prints an Invoice in triplicate and numbers them serially.
What I want to do is to save a copy of the Sheet named 'Invoice' as a
separate workbook in a sub folder, minus the macros and command button
of the parent Sheet ("Invoice"), using VBA.

SaveAs feature saves the data as well as the macros. I read Chip's
article of deleting the VBA code through VBA, though it requires the
VBA modules to be unprotected, plus involves setting all the client
computer's Excel security ssetting to modified, which I am loath to do.

Sheets("Invoice").Copy

Above code does what I need, partially, in that it copies the data
minus vba code (though it copies the activex command button as well).
However I have no clue how to do following:

1. Save that new workbook with a file name (say invoice number) in a
sub folder of current file.
2. Remove the CommandButton from the sheet.

Can above be achieved from VBA code placed in the parent Workbook?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks