Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Cyclic Error replaced by blank or something ? would Macro help

Here are a couple of causes of the #DIV/0 error notice and recommended cures.
I am not sure what you mean by replacing the notice unless you mean to
prevent getting the notice. Maybe this will help.

Cause: Using the cell reference to a blank cell or to a cell that contains
zero as a divisor

Note If the operand (operand: Items on either side of an operator in a
formula. In Excel, operands can be values, cell references, names, labels,
and functions.) is a cell that is blank, Microsoft Excel interprets the blank
as zero.

Change the cell reference to another cell.
Enter a value other than zero in the cell used as a divisor.
Enter the value #N/A into the cell referenced as the divisor, which will
change the result of the formula to #N/A from #DIV/0! to denote that the
divisor value is not available.
Prevent the error value from displaying, using the IF worksheet function.
For example, if the formula that creates the error is =A5/B5, use
=IF(B5=0,"",A5/B5) instead. The two quotation marks represent an empty text
string.

Cause: Running a macro that uses a function or a formula that returns #DIV/0!

Make sure the divisor in the function or formula is not zero or blank.

"Raj" wrote:

I refer to this error #DIV/0!
New to Excel World....
I was thinking of replacing this error with blank or something using some IF
clause seems that doesn't work as point by Tom .

I am curious if this could be achieved by MACROS? if so ,any steps described
could be helpful
thx
Raj

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Are you referring to Circular Reference errors?

"Raj" wrote:

Cyclic Error yielded by calculation be replaced by blank or something from
wondering is it possible with Macros ? If so , how ? Guru's could you throw
some light on this :)
thx ~Raj