Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Count Empty Cells in Range After Cells with Data

Now THAT was impressive...worked perfectly the way you wrote it...but I'm
looking for the result found on each page to be written to cells on each page
instead of a message box with the total.
Using what you've done, I would like the total count of data cells written
to cell E32 and the number of blank cells written to cell E33 on each page
for that page's results. Thanks so much...we're almost there!

"Die_Another_Day" wrote:

Sub CellCounter()
Dim DataCells as Long
Dim BlankCells as Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim r1 As Range
DataCells = 0
BlankCells = 0
For Each ws in ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
If Left(ws.Name,3) = "REV" Then
Set r1 = ws.Range("D8:D31")
DataCells = DataCells + Evaluate(Application.CountIf(r1,"0"))
If Evaluate(Application.CountBlank(r1)) = r1.Cells.Count Then
BlankCells = BlankCells + r1.Cells.Count
ElseIf r1.Cells(r1.Rows.Count,1) = "" Then
BlankCells = BlankCells + (r1.Cells(r1.Rows.Count,1).Row -
_
r1.Cells(r1.Rows.Count,1).End(xlUp).Row)
Next
Msgbox "There a " & DataCells & " data cells and" & _
vbcrlf & BlankCells & " blank cells after the data cells"
End Sub

Hope I got what you were asking.

Charles
David wrote:
I have a fixed range of cells (D8:D31) on over 100 sheets that I need to get
two things:
1. The count of cells with data (0) and
2. The count of empty cells AFTER the cells with data to D31.

Once data is started in any period, there should be no break in the data,
i.e. if sales start in D14 and the last cell with data is D24, all the cells
inbetween will also have data.

Depending on when sales start, there can be empty cells starting at D8 to
when the first sales for a period are entered (these are new locations added
during the year).

Maybe setting a new range based on the first cell that is greater than 0 to
D31, and then doing the count on that range. I have no idea how to code this.
I need to write the results to two cells, but think I can do that part, but
need to to the same thing for all worksheets beginning with REV. The names
would be like REV001, REV002, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.