Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Berj Berj is offline

Default Restricting files to a single computer

Dear Anyone,

I have prepared a few excel files linked together and am planning to sell it
to a company. But they may copy and give these files to other companies to
use on their computer. I want to protect my work. Giving passwords to open
the files is not a solution because the first company to whom I sold the
files may also give the password with the copy it makes.
So, I thought the only way to differentiate one computer from the other is
the Hard Disk serial number. If I could only link the opening of the files
(or the whole folder in which they are) to the Hard Disk serial number, the
problem would be solved!
In this way, a copied file or the whole folder) will not work on the other
computer, unless, I intervene and link the files to the new Hard Disk serial
number.

Any Ideas of how to do this?
Or any other way is welcome.

Thanks whoever answers.