Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Writing to Notepad from VBA

It can write to the text editor and after it's finished I can then see what
has been written. The editor doesn't need to be open during the task.

Thanks.

"NickHK" wrote:

Stuart,
What I mean, you you have to write an open text editor program directly or
is creating a text file on the system that you later open in Textpad (or
whatever) OK ?
The second option is prettyy straightforward ; check out the Open statement
in VBA help.
The first option would be more convoluted, unless it's Word.

NickHK

"stuart" ...
NickHK,

It can write to any text editor. But I only have Notepad, Wordpad and Word
on my PC.

Thanks.

"NickHK" wrote:

Stuart,
Do you mean actually write to the Notepad app, or just write a text file
?

NickHk

"stuart" ...

Hi,

I'm writing a macro using VBA in Excel and to get the output from the
macro
to be written in Notepad rather than an Excel worksheet. How do I do
this,
if
it's at all possible?

Thanks.