Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Janis Janis is offline

Default save as text crashes

I like this macro it does what I want and its easy to understand. It closes
book1.xls as the original. It saves two copies one as a text file. The
other one remains open. The only problem is on the one that remains open,
the new ssp....xls file, it renames (sheet1) as the Indesign....txt file.

Since I use sheet1 in the next macros to do some formatting, I got around
that by naming it as a collection.
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(1)
instead of
With activeworkbook.workseets(sheet1)
But I wonder why it changes the name of the sheet to the name of the first
file that was saved. Its a little weird and it crashes I think more than
not. Maybe I am better off doing the save a different way?

thanks,