Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Selective linking items between two worksheets

Hi Dylan

On Sheet2 in cell B2
=IF(Sheet1!$A2="","",Sheet1!B2)
Copy to C2 and E2:F2
Copy down as far as required

If your sheet names are not Sheet1 etc. but have spaces in the name,
enclose with single quotes e.g.
'Main Sheet'!$A2
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"dd" <dd.dd wrote in message
I am weakest in excel; I have an understanding of VBA in Word and I
have
attended an advanced Access course.

I have this problem in excel, I have no idea what track to take with
it,
Hence the cross posting between programming and worksheet functions.

This workshbook is to be used by our surveyors to input data from site
inspections.

I have a table on one worksheet with the column headings:

Task No
Task Description
Contractor's Estimate
Our Estimate

I have a table on another worksheet with the column headings:

Task No
Task Description
Total Weeks for Task
Contractor's Estiamte
Our Estimate

Worksheet one is percentages of work carried out. We use this to
estimate
the overall progress.

Worksheet two is weeks of work carried out. This calculates the
average no
of weeks behind schedule.

I only use the tasks which are behind programme in table two. Hence
the
column 'Mark as Behind'. How do I programme excel, to use this column,
take the tasks Marked as Behind into table two?

Regards
Dylan Dawson
Building Surveyor
Glasgow, Scotland