Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Patrick Dave Patrick is offline

Default Access to this newsgroup

Check your synchronize settings. Also try asking them here. F.U. to:
public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dean" wrote:
Since I've managed to retrieve all my old posts as you folks have
instructed, whenever I reopen Outlook Express (which I also use for a tiny
e-mail account, FWIW) and click on a newsgroup, it seems to take about 30
seconds and when it is done, all that shows are the threads started by me.
That is all that I would generally want to see, so that part is fine, but I
have to wonder what it is doing that takes 30 seconds. In fact, though my
memory might be playing tricks on me, I recall that the update of the
newsgroups happened automatically when I opened OE (which defaults to the
e-mail inbox), i.e., that I didn't have to actually highlight a newsgroup,
and also that it only took a few seconds to update.. Possibly related is
that OE seems to stall when I am in the middle of posting quite often now
and it never did before, almost as if it is interrupting my typing, so it
can retrieve some new posts

Is it possible my settings (OE 6.0) need to be set back, perhaps some
setting that tells it only to update new stuff, not the old stuff I already
have?

Thanks!
Dean