Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Protected Sheet and AutoFilter

the enableautofilter allows you to change the criteria of an existing filter
(applied before protection was applied). It doesn't allow you to apply a
new autofilter if one didn't exist. Could that be the problem?

Unprotecting as Charles suggests would be a work around in that case.

Tom Ogilvy

"Steven" wrote in message
I have a sheet that is protected but I checked the box that says allow auto
filter and it works fine except if I run a macro where I capture what I
want
to filter in a variable and try to do the auto filter in the macro it
returns
and error telling me the sheet is protected.

This is what I use in the program to filter:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:=vFilterItem

What am I not doing?

Thank you for your help.

Steven