Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default delete workbook if not authorized

How can this be achieved?

It can't.

XL's protection methods aren't set up to provide security.

You can minimize the chances of unauthorized opening if you use
Office2003's DRM features. Note that that requires that authorized users
have access to an Windows Server 2003.

Otherwise, defeating XL's own protection methods are trivial.

In article ,
rt10516 wrote:

Hi,

I want to delete or clear all contents of a workbook if it is opened on any
computer that does not belong to my company (not authorized). To determine if
it is an "authorized" computer can it could look at the domain ID or Windows
license owner (or whatever you suggest). If the computer is not authorized,
the flie is deleted or all contents deleted, etc.

I basically want to prevent this workbook from being used by unauthoized
people.

How can this be achieved?

Thank You!