Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban Alan Beban is offline

Default Append One Array to Another, and Consolidate

Stratuser wrote:
I have two arrays, both of which are two-dimensional (for example,
Array1(100,5) and Array2(300,5), of the same type (Variant). I want to
combine them into a single array, and then I want to consolidate any
duplicate elements. Any ideas on the best way to do this?

In the past, I've handled this by just dumping the data from the arrays onto
a blank worksheet, sorting the data there, and then doing a search loop that
consolidates the duplicate elements. I'm thinking there might be a way to do
it entirely within arrays, off the worksheet.

What do you mean by "consolidate duplicate elements"? E.g., assume your
arrays were 2x2 and 3x2 and the combined elements before "consolidation"
were

1 2
3 4
5 3
7 8
9 10

What would the array be after "consolidation"?

Alan Beban