Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Colors Shapes vs Cells (Excel 2007)

I,m not sure I understand why ColorIndex = 3 for SchemaColor would be
different than ColorIndex = 3 for Cell.Interior?

"Anthony Berglas" wrote:

There seems to be two different color index schemes in Excel, on for
the cells and one for the shapes. So one cannot write code like

MyCell.interior.colorIndex = MyShape.Fill.ForeColor.SchemaColor

Is there any clean way to convert one to the other? I need the same
color schemes in different places.

(MyDrawingObject.interior.colorIndex was compatible with cells.)

Thanks,

Anthony