Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
alex alex is offline

Default UPDATELINK problem

I am trying to UpdateLink to OPC (OLE for process control) every minute
rather than Excel to do it automatically. Excel gives me error 1004.
What's interesting that I recorded the macro and then played it and,
even then I got the same error. Does anybody knows the source of the
problem and knows a way around i?

Basically I want to control time of LinkUpdate programmatically,
otherwise my VB GUI crashes during the time when link is updated on it
own. Any suggestion how to deal with the problem?