Bernard Liengme

The max value: =MAX(Sheet1!B:B)
The date of the max value:
=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(MAX(Sheet1!B:B),Sheet1!B:B ))
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Confused Man" wrote in message
Hello all,

I just want to start by thanking everyone on this board for all the
wonderful suggestions you give... you guys are life savers!

OK, now to my question... I have a sheet that looks like this...

A B C D
1 Date Stock #1 Stock #2 Stock #3 ..... Stock #20
2 2/1/05 $$ $$ $$ $$

I want to set up a sheet inside this workbook that tells me what the
highest
price for stock 1,2,3...20 was AND on what date it occured. Is this
possible? For simplicity's sake lets call the sheet with all the stocks on
it Sheet1 and the sheet I am creating Sheet2.

Thank you all so much,
Confused Man