Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default vlookup

Hi
It could also be that the value you are looking for is not in your
table, which will generate an error. Try putting you vlookup between
the two lines

on error resume next
'your vlookup
on error goto 0

to ignore the error.

regards
Paul

milos wrote:
Can you help me, why this script doesn't work?
I ahve two sheets with names in different order. I want to get value from
col E for a certain name (names are in col C) in sheet "hodiny" and paste it
next to the same name (names are in col D) in sheet "list" in col I.
I tried to use the script I post here, but it causes an error message
Thank you
Milos

Sub hodiny_sep()
Dim res As Long
Dim i As Long
i = 3

Do While Sheets("List").Range("D" & i).Value < ""

res = Application.VLookup(Sheets("List").Range("D" & i),
Sheets("hodiny").Range("C2:C200"), 7, False)
Sheets("List").Range("I" & i).Value = Sheets("hodiny").Range("E" & res).Value
x = x + 1

Loop

End Sub