Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb davegb is offline

Default Simple VLookup Question

mjj047s wrote:
THEIR IS?

Sure. The most obvious way is a macro.

davegb wrote:
mjj047s wrote:
Yep - you've basically answered it. I'm looking to over write it
without acually going to the cell.

There's lots of ways to do that.

davegb wrote:
mjj047s wrote:
Can I do a Vlookup for a set of data, and change the return data?
For example - When i type in "Apples" in A1, "Red" in returned in A2
Can I manually type "Green" into A2 or somewhere to have it change from
where it was pulling from????

If i need to explain more, please let me know.

If I'm interpreting you correctly, you have a vlookup table with Apples
in say C1, Red in D1, Oranges in C2, Orange in D2, etc. When you enter
Apples in A1, the vlookup function in A2 finds Apples in A1 and returns
Red. You want to know if, by changing A2 to Green, it will change the
table value in D1 to Green. The answer is no. Doesn't work in reverse.
You'd simply overwrite your formula.

Maybe if you give some more detail, we can help you solve the problem
some other way?

Hope this helps in your world.