Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Working with Incative Workbooks

df_five.worksheets(1).range(c1:ba1009).copy _
rpt_six.worksheets(1).cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup )(2)

Tom Ogilvy

"NewBike" wrote:

Hi there -
I am trying to make some code more efficient.

Currently, I have a workbook that is opened via MS Scheduler, a
Workbook_Open Event starts a macro that opens approximately 7 report
workbooks and updates those with approx 16 data files.

According to what I have read, it is much more efficient to leave as many
files as possible inactive and just pull the data. However, I am at a loss
as to the proper way to focus on the inactive workbooks as I need them.

I have Dim'd them all as:

'data files
Dim df_One as string
Set df_One = Workbook("dataOne.xls")
'onward til all are named

'report files
Dim rpt_One as String
Set rpt_One = Workbook ("reportone.xls")
'and so on

Now lets say I want to work with data from df_five.range(c1:ba1009) copy it
to rpt_six, then get data from df_two.range (a2:c1010) and copy it to rpt_six.

What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?