Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Creating a Fomula in a Pivot Table

Change your aggregation from Sum to Average so that instead of getting the
sum of the same item appearing multiple times you will get the average (which
should be the number you are looking for since the average of a varaible
number of x's is going to be x)...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"TheRook" wrote:

Tried that but will not work because the information I am using the pivot for
is to give me a sum of raw material required by part, then the lookup would
give me the current stock. If I put the lookup at source it would multiple
the current stock by the number of times it arrears.

If that makes sense?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Add a column to your source data range and do the Vlookup in there.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"TheRook" wrote:

Is it possible to use the VLOOKUP formula in a pivot table?

I currently have a pivot table set up and would like to use the Vlookup
function to be able to bring in data stored on a different sheet to the
original data, but when I enter the formula it is indicating that there is an
error!

I have entered the formula as follows:

=vlookup('MAT SPEC',sheet1!A:B,2,0)

When the error message comes up and I click ok it highlights the table array
as the problem area.

And anyone help.

Thanks