Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Creating a Fomula in a Pivot Table

do it adjacent to the table. You can not edit the cells in a pivot table.

Tom Ogilvy

"TheRook" wrote:

Tried that but will not work because the information I am using the pivot for
is to give me a sum of raw material required by part, then the lookup would
give me the current stock. If I put the lookup at source it would multiple
the current stock by the number of times it arrears.

If that makes sense?

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Add a column to your source data range and do the Vlookup in there.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"TheRook" wrote:

Is it possible to use the VLOOKUP formula in a pivot table?

I currently have a pivot table set up and would like to use the Vlookup
function to be able to bring in data stored on a different sheet to the
original data, but when I enter the formula it is indicating that there is an
error!

I have entered the formula as follows:

=vlookup('MAT SPEC',sheet1!A:B,2,0)

When the error message comes up and I click ok it highlights the table array
as the problem area.

And anyone help.

Thanks