Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Only show userform after startup of app.

Arjan,
If you want the look/feel of a VB app, I'd go with Jim and say make a VB app
then.
If you need interaction with Excel, it is pretty straightforward with
Automation.
If the user does not need to see that Excel is running, hide your instance.
Otherwise, you can re-parent Excel to your app, to give a "contained" look.

NickHK

"Arjan" wrote in message
Jim,

Me again...
Do you have anyother suggestions to make it apear to be just like a vb

app?

Arjan Bregman
the Netherlands

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

The form is in the app so you cant't really have the form without the

app.
When you close the form you do not close the app. Rather the app is now
hidden. IMO hiding the app is a bad path to follow. There are just too

many
issues with doing this. A couple of the biggest a

1. The user opens another excel file which opens up in the hidden

instance
of Excel and they can't find it. So they try to open it again and it

says
that they can't. They get frustrated and start doing funky things like
opening a second instance of Excel. and try to open it in there and they

get
a read only copy...

2. Your form crashes and all of the open workbooks that they have are in

the
hidden instance of Excel that they can not get back...

What you are attempting to do is VERY problematic. I am not saying don't

do
it, just giving fair warning of some of the pitfalls... I personally

would
not follow this path.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Arjan" wrote:

Hi all,

I want my userform the only thing to show after I started my excel

file..

I use this code..

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Visible = False
StartForm.Show
End Sub

Some how there is an error because in the back I can still see a

window with
my excel file. however, when I close my userform the window with my

excel
file is instantly closed...

What am I doing wrong???

Thnx in advance..