Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork[_4_] StargateFanFromWork[_4_] is offline

Default How to make "("@")" work with =ROW()-1?

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
@ is the formatting symbol that makes the cell text.

I saw
(=row()-1)
when I entered the formula in a cell formatted that way.

But I could use a simple custom number format of:
(General)

and it looked ok.

StargateFanFromWork wrote:

How can we get numbers like (1), (2), (3), etc., when using "=ROW()-1"?

When entering alphanumeric characters manually, typing in 1, 2, 3, ...,

in
cells formatted with "("@")", gives (1), (2), (3), etc. Trying do

format
the cells in this way that use "=ROW()-1".

Thanks.

Dave, thank you once again for your help! This is so neat.

I didn't figure out how to make anything with the "row" formula work, though
that's probably me doing something wrong. But you're right re (General). I
never knew I could do that in Custom. One sees the "General" listed there
but I guess one thinks that it's like a default. Who'da thunk that
"(General)" would work. So I have "=ROW()-1" in the formula bar, and
"(General)" in the custom formatting for the cell and the display is (1),
(2), (3), etc. Perfect.

Thanks! :oD