Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe[_46_] Joe[_46_] is offline

Default Sudoku Solver - Help needed..

Hello All,

I have just been learning to use function in VBA.

I have made a solver for Sudoku Puzzles.. But there are a few issues
which I dont hv much idea about..

I have uploaded the file in the following location.
http://www.esnips.com/web/Sudokusolverbeta

Issue 1: formatting.

i wanted to higlight the user datas from the other datas.. what I did
was, to use conditional formatting to do that.. the problem is that it
takes a lot of time to solve it due to formatting each time during
solving..

One soln could be not to update the values live while being solved..
But i felt that it feels better to see the progress that way.. I
checked without formatting and it takes 1/10th of the time..

My Qn is, is there any suggession to do it in a different way other
than conditional formatting, so that it doesnt consume unnecessary
resources but i get the same effect..

Issue 2:

is it possible to give an option for the user to break the process in
between..

Thanks all for your time..

Regards
Joe.