Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve E Steve E is offline

Default save and email button

Simon,

Quickly, thanks for looking at this for me. I figured out the things that I
had wrong in my code.
Basically, I had the section of code related to the set.fields line
commented out (as I'd copied it from Ron's site) AND had the file path's
coded as c:/ instead of c:\) once I cleaned these up (and entered my smtp
info correctly!) it works fine.

Thanks again!

Steve

"Steve E" wrote:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for looking at this for me. I chose to plagerize Ron'd code for the
CDOSYS methodology because I don't think that I have control / knowledge
regarding the email app that my customers (users) are using and liked the
idea that he put forward... and I hate to start compromising at this early
point... or did I miss-understand the point of Ron's code? This is what I am
trying to work from: http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm
but adding the code to disable the save and saveas menu and toolbar options
to force the 'registration' via email.
Do you think I should take a step back and just try and make it work via
Outlook first? (or is that even a step back - I thought it made it more
complicated since I don't have control over what versions of Outlook are in
my user group?

Help!!!

Steve

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

The only problem i can see when i tried your code was that you dont
physically open a mail programm such as outlook, i think this might be
why it gives you an automation problem...the rest of your code seemed
to work fine!

Hope this helps, as i am no expert by far!

Regards,
Simon

Steve E wrote:
*

With the "Sub SaveAndEmailtoRegisterQuote()" assigned to the button
on my
worksheet as a macro.

I also set up a c:\quotes\ directory

I followed RdB's hint about setting the reference to Microsoft
Outlook 11.0
Object Library (this is the version that matches my Excel version in
the
reference list).

When I run the code (click the button) I get the following:

"System Error: &H80040220 (-2147220960)"

Anyone feel like helping this newbie figure out where the heck he's
gone
wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Steve *