Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dtown Dawg Dtown Dawg is offline

Default Extract Specific information out of xls sheet to a different x

Thank you.
After doing some research on this, the consensus seems that it is
recommended to use that Autofilter rather than a macro or VBA...Is this
because the Autofilter is faster? Just curious.
Thanks;
Dustin

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

select the data, do Data=filter=Autofilter

in the dropdown in the departments column, select
custom and then does not equal Accounting & Land or whatever the title is

then all the records you want to delete should be visible

in the name box enter

2:37000 and hit enter
then do Edit=Delete
now do Data=filter=Autofilter to remove the autofilter and the Accounting
& Land records should remain.

Obviously do this on a copy of your data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dtown Dawg" wrote:

I have an xls spreadsheet that contains a list of user names and when they
log onto the VPN and when they log off the VPN.

This xls spreadsheets contains 37,000 rows of information. However this
includes all deparments, and I only need to do a report on the Accounting &
Land Department.

Currently I go through the xls sheet and delete all the usernames that do
not fall into the Accounting & Land department. This is tedious and time
consuming.

I would like to be able to enter all the usernames that I need to delete
into a macro or VB. Then that way I could run the macro, all the usernames I
don't need would be deleted and then I could start gathering information for
my reports each month.

Can somebody please help or point me in the correct direction, that is if
this is possible?