Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default Disabling macros when opening a workbook?

Thank you very much. This works very well.
--
John

"Die_Another_Day" wrote:

Give Application.EnableEvents = False a try. DO NOT Forget to set this
back to true. Restart Excel does not change this setting.
Application.EnableEvents = True

Charles Chickering
John wrote:
I am using a macro that opens other workbooks to collect information from
those workbooks, but some of these have an open_workbook sub in the
thisworkbook object. I don't want the open_workbook sub to run when I open
these workbooks and have my macro retain cotrol over things. When I try
using "Application.AutomationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityForceDisable"
before opening the workbook, the workbook will open but then things stop
completely with visual basic still running but waiting in the module
containing the macros I just disabled when opening the workbook. How can I
avoid this? Thanks for any help.
--
John