Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Warning message about potentially non safe ActiveX controls

At one time a registry entry helped with this problem. I seem to recall
that it is not so reliable, maybe because of service releases. No harm in
trying it though. Under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Security

create this new dword entry:

DisableHyperlinkWarning

and set its value to 1.

If that does not do it I don't have another answer.

--
Jim
"Pierre Archambault" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I write applications with Excel (Office 2003). Initially I used Excel 2000
| and Win2K, when I upgraded to WinXP I also changed for Office 2003.
|
| Because my applications are distributed to family and friends, I include
my
| personnal certificate (SelfCert.exe) to avoid having to accept to run the
| macros each and every time a spreadsheet is launched. This way, we only
have
| to accept once and every other application I develop will execute without
| any question... This was true until I changed for XP and Office 2003.
|
| In fact, since that time, I receive this message : (translated from
french)

| "This application is about to initialize potentially non safe ActiveX
| controls . If the source of this file is known to be reliable, click on
OK