Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Die_Another_Day Die_Another_Day is offline

Default Application.inputbox for another workbook

Add this:
Workbooks("Yourbook2.xls").Activate
Between the to input box statements.
and this after the second inputbox statement:
Thisworkbook.Activate

Charles Chickering

Utkarsh wrote:
Hi

I need to select two ranges. One range comes from the current workbook.
Another from a separate workbook. The following code helps me select
ranges from different worksheets within the same workbook but I cannot
seem to move to another workbook.

What could be going wrong?

Please help!

Thanks
Utkarsh
Sub comp1()

Dim FirstRange As Range
Dim SecondRange As Range

'snip snip

Set FirstRange = Application.InputBox("Set first series: ", Type:=8)
Set SecondRange = Application.InputBox("Set Second series: ",
Type:=8)

'snip snip

end sub