Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Find same context in to dif. worksheet

How about a couple of formulas in adjacent cells:

=isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!b:b,0))
will return True if A1 matches any cell in column B of sheet2.

And
=isnumber(match(b1,sheet1!a:a,0))
will return True if b1 matches any cell in column A of sheet1.

Drag the formulas down the column and apply data|filter|autofilter.

Then filter to see the similarities or differences.

Brian wrote:

Hi

I have a workbook to worksheet. The 2 worksheet have the same colum called
"assetnumber" but not necessary the same number. What I want is a makro that
finds the cells where the assetnumbers are the same.

Thanx in advance.

Brian

--

Dave Peterson