Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pierre Archambault Pierre Archambault is offline

Default Warning message about potentially non safe ActiveX controls

Hi,

I write applications with Excel (Office 2003). Initially I used Excel 2000
and Win2K, when I upgraded to WinXP I also changed for Office 2003.

Because my applications are distributed to family and friends, I include my
personnal certificate (SelfCert.exe) to avoid having to accept to run the
macros each and every time a spreadsheet is launched. This way, we only have
to accept once and every other application I develop will execute without
any question... This was true until I changed for XP and Office 2003.

In fact, since that time, I receive this message : (translated from french)

"This application is about to initialize potentially non safe ActiveX
controls . If the source of this file is known to be reliable, click on OK
to initialize the controls with the active workspace parameters."

But then, even if I click on Ok or Cancel, this leads to the same result...
the application runs and the controls work fine anayway ! So why this
warning and how could I get rid of it ?

If someone could help me with this issue, I would greatly appreciate.

Pierre