Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jnewby72 jnewby72 is offline

Default Change errorbar series data from vba

I don't know if this can be done, but I'll ask the question.

I have a chart that I want to copy. The chart is an x-y scatter plot.
The data supplied to the original chart and the copied chart are on the
same sheet. The data from the first chart is in the first 60 rows, rows
1-60, and the data in the copied chart is in the next 60 rows, rows
61-120.

I have developed a macro, where I ask the user what rows should be
substituted in the copied chart. I then parse the formula of the data
series and substitute the rows input by the user into the series
formula. This has been successful. Of course the error bars still point
to rows 1-60.

I would like to be able to do something similar. Retrieve the error bar
range reference, change the row references, and substitute the new
range reference.