Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Weekly Totals on sheet

That should work like a champ.
Wow - great function.
I haven't used that one before, but I will now

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

How about using sum product formulas? Anything you can create with a pivot
you can create with sumproduct...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jerry" wrote:

Thanks Jim ,
But I would like to stay away from pivots if at all possible.
I would like to take the idea perhaps commerically (Keep it simple for the
user) and would like to keep the summary on the second "tab".

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

I would be inclined to use a pivot table. Place your cursor in the middle of
the data set and select Data - Pivot Table. Follow the wizard that comes up
(or just hit finish as the defaults will probably be correct). Drag quotes to
the middle and place the dates in the left column. You will probably want to
group based on the dates every 7 days.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jerry" wrote:

I have a Worksheet that will contain a set of stock transactions. Sometimes
there will be multiple lines (transactions) per day, sometime none at all.

On a second worksheet I would like to total the gains/losses by week with
Sunday being the first of the week.

Any ideas?