Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] wolfesimon@comcast.net is offline

Default Trigger macro on value only

Sheet is unprotected
Problem is that the ON CHANGE EVENT only triggers on changes in the
cells formula, not in its calculated displayed value.

Bob Phillips wrote:
In your program, unprotect the sheet, change values, the protect it again.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a user form with a calculated amount column that contains
formulas.
My users inadvertantly keep deleting these cells.
If I lock them and enable protection, they don't let the program change
calculated values.

My idea was:
To move these cells out of site,
Trigger an ON CHANGE EVENT to run a macro which will copy and PASTE
VALUES ONLY back to the form.

Problem is that the ON CHANGE EVENT only triggers on changes in the
cells formula, not in its calculated displayed value.

Any ideas?