Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default saving local inside the workbook???

I'm sure you're following the requirements, but if they want the number to
look a certain, why don't they change their settings to reflect that.
I'm not having a go at you... more it seems a case of the user saying
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

NickHK

"swayze" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you all for your help,

Nick - customer is always right ;)

I eventualy manualy formated the numbers and added a single quote to
the beggining of every number so that excel would treat it as text.
solved my problem.

regards

Marco

Harald Staff wrote:
"NickHK" skrev i melding
Swayze,
To me though 1,025.253 should look as I decide according to my
locale/regional settings. I would not want that value represented as
1.025,253 or some variation which may be meaningless or confusing to

me.
So Excel is displaying correctly ; as the user desires. It is value

that
is
required for any calculation, not its appearance.
Or am I missing something ?

Probably only "the customer is always right" <g I agree fully with you
Nick, but sometimes we just have to.

Best wishes Harald