Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brisen09 brisen09 is offline

Default Automatically email a worksheet based on criteria being met

Hi Tom

I have accessed the sites you suggested but I am still a bit confused.

I have placed the following code in the VB editor and it works if I manually
run the macro. The problem is I have no idea where to put the other code in
relation to this or what else needs to go with it.

The code i use to mail the file manually is:

Sub Email()
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="email.recipient@ address.here"
End Sub

The Workbook_BeforeSave command is the one that I would need to use to get
it sent automatically I think.

Would you mind completing the code string as I do not have programming
knowledge.

Thank you for your asistance with this, in anticipation.

Regards

Brian

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Information on emailing:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Information on events

combination of the two should solve your problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"brisen09" wrote in message
I am wondering if there is some way that a worksheet can be automatically
emailed to a recipient upon it being updated.

I work away from my office network and need a file that is current and
having to get the staff to email me a copy is a drag. If there is some way
that the file could be emailed automatically it would be great. By
automatically I also mean with limited user input if this is the only
option.

Regards

Brian