Earl Kiosterud

Andy,

If you're really using an Excel template (saved as a template -- xlt file
extension), you won't need to do any of this. You create a new workbook
based on the template (File - New - from template -- varies with your
version of Excel), do your work, then save that workbook. The template
won't be overlaid unless the user uses File - Save as, and specifies
template. You can mark it read-only to help prevent that.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"andy" wrote in message
I want to have a macro that is utilised when my workbook is opened. What I
need it to do is, look at the current filename, if it is still the same as
the template filename, then bring up a message box that will have the
option
of going to the save as.. function, or clicking cancel will just open the
book as normal.

If however, the name has changed from the original title, then it will
just
load up without having a message box.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.