Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Koerner Michael Koerner is offline

Default Formula/macro help

Once again, thanks very much for the help. If the T2 is less than 7
characters can the cell be left blank? This what I have now, which works if
there is 7 characters and enters FALSE if there is not 7 characters.

=IF(AND(T25<"",LEN(T25<7)),(TEXT(NOW(),"yyyy")-(TEXT(T25,"yyyy"))))

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Will Cairns" wrote in message
oups.com...

Put this into the formulae where it's currently stated as
TEXT(NOW(),"yyyy")... however, if T2 is less than 7 characters in
length then there will not be a year value there ??

(TEXT(NOW(),"yyyy")-(TEXT(T2,"yyyy")))

Michael Koerner wrote:
Tried your formula, and it was missing a ")" which I found after a couple
of
tries (not to familiar with formula). which provided me with half of what
want. Now that I have the current year I would like to subtract the yyyy
from "T2", giving me the number of years difference. Thanks for taking
the
time to help.

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Will Cairns" wrote in message
ups.com...
Michael, Not sure why you want to conditionally look for the character
count 6 (if you were testing for omitted yyyy then you would be
checking for LESS THAN 7 "mm/dd/" the formulae below will give you the
current year value if Column T is blank or has <7 characters..
otherwise will give the value of column T.

=IF(AND(T2<"",len(T2<7),TEXT(NOW(),"yyyy"),T2)

HTH,
Will