Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default saving local inside the workbook???

Hi Swayze

The setting you mention is in the Excel menu Tools - Options -
International, but I believe it's an application setting, not a
workbook/worksheet setting. And older Excel versions doesn't have this.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

skrev i melding
ups.com...
Hi all,

I've got a localization problem. We generate some raw excel sheets,
then they need to be formated. Formating is now complete but we have a
localization problem. Certain columns display prices. We are using
"#,##0.00" format as our standard. When I open the formated file on my
computer everything displays properly. I am in Turkey but, I use XP pro
with regional settings set to Canada. The computers that display these
worksheets have localization
set to ("tr"). So prices dont display as "10,258.98" like on my pc,
they display as "10,258,98" with a comma instead of a dot seperating
the cents. The rest of our systems use "American" currency systems
(with the dot)

I read somewhere that i can save localization "inside" individual
worksheets or workbooks as to override so-to-speak the settings in
"Regional and Language Settings", but i've googled and cant find
anything relevant.

I'm automating this using C# and the 1.1 framework. I've posted to
relevent c# groups but it seems nobody knows anything about this. I
know this group normaly doesn't deal with this language but I figured
maybe I could ask the excel experts to at least know if this is
possible. I can also run a macro againts a file using c# so that could
also be an option.

Please, any help/educated guess would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Swayze