Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
2007-User 2007-User is offline

Default Seperating Numbers

Thanks NickHk !

"NickHK" wrote in message
You could use something like :
Public Function GetElement(argInput As Range, Delim As String, Element As
Long) As Variant
GetElement = Split(argInput.Formula, Delim)(Element - 1)
End Function

You need to remove the initial "=" and add a check for a Formula and/or
Text/Value.

But as Tom says, it would easier to start with the data in separate
columns
and just SUM to get the total, rather than the other way around.

NickHK

"2007-User" wrote in message
That is it, thank you so much, is it possible to make it like one of

Excel's
functions? (like SEPARATOR(A1))

"kounoike" wrote in message
if using VBA, select all the range you want to change first, then run
test1 below.
but the range should be in same column.(i assume all formula are in the
same column and all oprators are "+")

Sub test1()
Dim r, s
Dim i As Long
For Each r In Selection
Range(r(1, 2), r.End(xlToRight)).ClearContents
s = Split(Mid(r.Formula, 2), "+")
For i = 0 To UBound(s)
r(1, 2 + i) = s(i)
Next
Next
End Sub

keizi

"2007-User" wrote in message

This is an example of what I am trying to do:
In one cell I have "=4+6+12+18+4+5+8+7" (so the result of this cell

would
be "64").
Now, I would like to have all of these numbers to be sorted and

separated
in one row (or column) next to each other (like "4","6","12", ...
Etc.)
how is this possible with or without using VBA?

Thanks for your future inputs.