Bob Phillips

If you follow the instructions in the original post, and then try putting a
value in A1 you should see it work.

Regards

Bob

"treetop40" wrote in message
Thanks Phillip, but I do not understand event code, or able to follow your
reply, is it possible to explain in laymans terms please.
--
Thanks
Jackie

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Jackie,

Try event code

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
Select Case .Value
Case 1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Case 2: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5
Case 3: .Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Case 4: .Interior.ColorIndex = 10
Case 5: .Interior.ColorIndex = 35
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"treetop40" wrote in message
I would like to be able to give a cell a rating of 1-5 and colour

coded
but
conditional formatting in excel 2002 only allows up to 3, by using 1

number
as white cell means you can using a rating of 1-4. I required 1-5. I

have
tried to use coloured drop down menus but the cell colours do not

carry
across.
Therefore can anyone tell me how I can type a number of 1 to 5 in a

cell
and
that it will also show as a colour.
--