Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Seperating Numbers

You don't need VBA for this. But it does take several steps:

1. use Data Text to Columns... with the plus sign as the separator
2. use Copy/PasteSpecial as transpose to copy the row of data into a column
4. sort the column
5. use copy/PasteSpecial as transpose to copy the column back into the row.
--
Gary's Student

"2007-User" wrote:

Hi,

This is an example of what I am trying to do:
In one cell I have "=4+6+12+18+4+5+8+7" (so the result of this cell would be
"64").
Now, I would like to have all of these numbers to be sorted and separated in
one row (or column) next to each other (like "4","6","12", ... Etc.)
how is this possible with or without using VBA?

Thanks for your future inputs.