Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mangus Pyke Mangus Pyke is offline

Default Workbook_Open

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, "RB Smissaert" wrote:

Is the workbook an .xla file?
Workbook_Open may not work with that.

RB, what's really weird, is that I created a new workbook and added a
MsgBox to the Workbook_Open event and it worked fine. So apparently
it's only my OLD spreadsheet that is no longer working as expected.

Any suggestions at all?

MP-

"Mangus Pyke" <manguspyke[at]comcast[dot]net wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 3 Sep 2006, "RB Smissaert" wrote:

Try lowering security in Excel, via Tools, Macro, Security.

Hi, and thanks for responding..

My macro security setting is already on Medium (since that change was
necessary to load macros) and setting it to Low does not rememdy the
problem. My previous installation was set to Medium as well.

Any other thoughts?

MP-

"Mangus Pyke" <manguspyke[at]comcast[dot]net wrote in message
I recently installed Microsoft Office 2003 and am experiencing some
odd behavior with the way in which the workbook.open event is handled.

I keep a timesheet for which I record my hours on various products at
work, which allows me to see a breakdown of where my time is focused,
as well as some convenient statistics (average hours/day, etc).

I wrote a short procedure a while back that lives in ThisWorkbook and
locks all of the worksheets except for the current month's whenever I
open the document, with the intent that if I inadvertently leave one
unlocked, the document will automatically remedy this for me next time
I load it. When I reloaded Office 2003 a couple of weeks ago, it
suddenly stopped working.

My procedure is not running when the document is opened, and I've even
shortened it to just a MsgBox (see below) to test it, but to no avail.
Any suggestions would be very welcomed.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "Test.", vbOKOnly, "Macro"
End Sub