Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Abdul[_2_] Abdul[_2_] is offline

Default Name range based on Cell content

Thanks

How I could modify the below formula/code to define range another
column based on the value in column E?

for eg. if i want to name a ranges in column 9, 10 and 11 based on the
value in column E?

If Column E value is "A" then name the same rows in column 9,10, 11
etc?

thanks

Peter T wrote:
Name : RangeB

that should of course be
Name : RangeA

I see the Refersto string has wrapped onto 2 lines in my newsreader.

Regards,
Peter T

Name : RangeB
Refersto:

=OFFSET($E$1,MATCH("A",$E:$E,0)-1,0,MATCH("A",$E:$E,1)-MATCH("A",$E:$E,0)+1,
1)

replace "A" in the three places with "B", "C" & "D" for the other names

Regards,
Peter T

"Abdul" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have 3 sheets with variable number of rows

Column 5 contains A or B or C or D which is sorted so that all A will
be together and all B will be together etc.

Now is there a way that i can name the range based on the column 5
content?

say i want to name RangeA for the cells haveing A's and RangeB for the
cells haviong B''s etc?

Since the number of rows will be different i want to create dynamic
range names

thanks