Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve E Steve E is offline

Default Date Stamp in one cell when data in other range changes

Hi,

I tried to figure out how to make the code that JE McGimpsey has posted on
his site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html "DateStampMacro" but
just do not have the VBA skills to decipher how I need to change it to work
for me.

I'm trying to have a date time stamp in cell "D1" whenever my user changes
data in either of two ranges "C18:V32" and "C37:D43".

This is a customer tool for pricing and I want to record the date that they
changed inputs that affect price.

This is xl2003

These ranges have all kinds of data validation rules that are generated from
sheets that are protected and this workbook and worksheet will also be
protected to keep the user from overrighting formulas etc.

Thanks in advance!