Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Strange looping in User-Defined function (Excel XP)

Just a guess here but does the value returned by this function change
anything in the 2 ranges that the function receives as arguments? If so then
calling the function will cause a loop that will continue until the values
"Settle Down". Basically you get a recursive loop.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"G.R. Toro" wrote:

Update:

The function now runs and gives the anticipated results. I had to change
the logic in lower-level function PoissonRand so it would handle the case
where its argument is 0.

Still, I am not sure why the function executes 3 times (it still does) even
when it appears only once in the calling excel file.

Gabriel