Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Print Excel Directly to Printer

"Do you know how a macro could be written
to include HP's ASCII printer codes for the drawer settings?"...
Sorry, can't help you there.

For what it's worth, I used multiple printer copies for a while with different
settings. Didn't have a problem.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Windsong1948"

wrote in message
I have tried what you have suggested - the HP only uses one driver so even
though I setup a new printer the same driver works for each so if I set the
default drawer on the new printer I installed to drawer 3 it changes the
drawer to 3 on the original setup. Do you know how a macro could be written
to include HP's ASCII printer codes for the drawer settings?

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Add three copies of your current printer, each with a different feeder
drawer set....HpLaserJet_dw2 and so on.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Windsong1948"

wrote in message
I am in a situation that I need to send an active sheet in Excel directly to
the current printer bypassing the already set printer settings. My printer
has 4 drawers w/different paper in each drawer. When I write a macro it does
not change the drawer to the one I want to use and the settings I have in my
books change from what I have them set at. I wish to make a macro for each
drawer and use HP Printer control codes that will send my print to the proper
drawer. Can this be done? I'm hoping you can help.